Kevin P. Malia
- Felonies & Misdemeanors
- Drug Charges
- Weapons Charges
- Juvenile Matters
- Traffic Violations
Kevin Malia is an experienced, aggressive litigator with twenty years of success in advocating for his clients. He has represented clients in numerous jury and bench trials, and successfully litigated countless contested motions . Kevin is a fighter who employs a principled and passionate approach to defending his client's rights in matters ranging from the most serious felonies to routine traffic matters.
Prior to opening the Law Offices of Kevin P. Malia, P.C., Kevin served as the Director of the Conviction Integrity Unit and the Chief of Rehabilitative Services with the Lake County, Illinois State's Attorney's Office. Immediately prior to his work with the State's Attorney's Office, he practiced for over fifteen years as a founding partner of Malia & Rinehart, P.C. , representing clients throughout Northern Illinois and Southeastern Wisconsin. Kevin started his career in 2004 as an Assistant Public Defender with the Lake County Public Defender's Office.
Kevin is licensed to practice in Illinois and Wisconsin, as well as the United States District Court for the Northern District of Illinois.
- University of Wisconsin, Madison, Wisconsin
- J.D. - 2003
- University of Colorado, Boulder, Colorado
- B.A. - 2000
- Illinois, 2003
- Wisconsin, 2003
- U.S. District Court Northern District of Illinois, 2003
- Lake County Public Defender's Office, Assistant Public Defender
- Malia & Rinehart, P.C.
- Lake County State's Attorney's Office
- Lake County Bar Association
- Illinois State Bar Association
- U.S District Court - Northern District of Illinois - Trial Bar, Member
- North Suburban Bar Association